We will be holding our 2nd AEG Tech 101 Class on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 in the Epower Training Range (rooftop) from 5pm to 8pm. Here are the details:
Epowersports Tech Class 101
Proper disassembly, inspection, maintenance and reassembly of an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) gearbox. Participants to be guided through these steps by Epowersports trained technicians and are encouraged to ask questions and use the help of our technicians to their benefit for the duration of the course. Participants are welcome to bring parts to install into their gearbox and our staff will assist them.
*Please note: This is a basic class that will give the participant the help to start working on their own AEG gearbox, high performance tuning and special modifications for this type of upgrading will not be covered due to time restraints. Class session to last 3 hours (5pm to 8pm).
- Proper disassembly of an AEG gearbox & basic techniques that will simplify steps.
- Explanation of what each component is and how it operates within the AEG gearbox.
- Basic inspection and proper placement of components.
- Basic shimming principles and techniques.
- Basic lubrication and sealing principles.
- Good habits and tips for the beginning Airsoft technician to learn: ie; clean tech area, keeping track of parts, correct use of tools, how to hold parts from flying out, do the job the same every time, etc…
- Cleaning and inspection of components to recognize wear or potential problems.
- Reassembly and adjustments as needed.
By the end of the course, the participant should be able to disassemble and reassemble their own AEG gearbox. This course was designed for basic repairs and maintenance that most airsofters should be able to perform after taking this course.
Each participant will be expected to bring their own tools. Some tools or materials will be supplied by Epowersports if you do not have them.
Basic Airsoft Tool Kit: Torx bit screwdriver T8, Torx bit screwdriver T10, Metric allen wrench set, Philips screwdriver, Flat blade (Standard) screwdriver, micro screwdriver set, hammer, and a rubber mallet.
A few images from our previous class: